The number of regulated cryptocurrency exchanges in the Philippines has grown to 16, according to Bangko Sentral ng Pilipinas, the country’s central bank.
According to CNN Philippines, The Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) wants to be front and center when regulators give the go signal for the trading of cryptocurrencies. The local bourse should be the exchange platform for crypto assets, PSE president and CEO Ramon Monzon said Friday. The idea was broached during a top management meeting two weeks ago, he added.
Unionbank, one of the largest banks in the country, installed a bitcoin ATM early last year. Its subsidiary UBX has invested in the PDAX exchange.
Binance.com – 5.56M visits/month
- Philippines is one of the top 5 countries that visits Binance.com
Coins.ph – 2.31M visits/month
- Apple Appstore Rating 4.7
- Android Rating 4.3
Coins.ph is a mobile wallet that allows you to buy load, send money to anyone, pay bills, receive remittances from 200+ countries- even without a bank account.
- Digital wallet and mobile payments app Coins.ph was the first to be registered as a cryptocurrency exchange in BSP through its remittance arm Betur Inc.
Founded in 2014 in the Philippines and serving over 10 million customers, Coins.ph is one of the first blockchain-backed platforms to reach significant mainstream consumer adoption. The company’s mobile app provides consumers with direct access to banking and digital payment services, including local and international remittances, mobile air-time, bill payments, game credits, and online shopping.
The company has also built one of the country’s largest cash distribution networks, operating through over 33,000 partner locations domestically and over 500,000 locations worldwide.
Pdax.ph – 621.3k visits/month
- Android App Rating 3.4
- Apple Appstore Rating 3.7
- PDAX was established in 2017 with the mission of bringing easy, accessible, and inclusive financial services to every Filipino.
- PDAX just raised $12.5 million (P630 million) from a funding round, which will be used to expand its services and operations.
- SCI Ventures, formerly Satoshi Citadel Industries Inc, through its wholly owned subsidiary Rebittance Inc., is the second cryptocurrency exchange to be registered in the Philippines. Rebit is just one of SCI’s several Bitcoin technologies that allows users anywhere in the world to send money to the Philippines with Bitcoin. Rebit also offers international money transfers and bills payments.
- satoshi citadel industries (bitmarket.ph inc.) is a financial technology company building the blockchain ecosystem in the philippines. sci has developed products across several financial services including remittance, payment processing, investments, and mobile money.
FTX.com – 560k visits/month